Search across courses, lessons, cases, drills, coaches and more.
Ask anything about cases, applications and recruiting. Members and coaches answer.
During a case, I made an assumption and the interviewer immediately corrected it before I calculated anything. I recovered and the rest felt fine. Is needing that correction a meaningful mistake?
Mayank G.CoachNot necessarily. Interviewers correct assumptions for many reasons, including keeping the case on the intended path.
After R1, one interviewer was very warm and said the discussion was strong, while the other was much more neutral and gave me almost nothing. I'm trying not to read into it, but do those signals tell you anything about the decision?
Mayank G.CoachVery little. Interviewer style is not a reliable substitute for the actual evaluation.
I've been practicing with two people regularly and I'm starting to get conflicting feedback. One says I need to be more structured, the other says I sound too rigid. How do I decide what to actually change?
Mayank G.CoachDo not choose feedback based on which person sounds more confident. Look for the underlying behavior each person is reacting to.
I keep hearing the same vague feedback after mocks: be more structured. I am not sure whether that means my case framework is weak, my answers are too long, or my communication is messy. How do I turn that feedback into something specific I can work on?
Mayank G.CoachFirst identify where the lack of structure appears: framework, analysis, brainstorming, or communication.
I asked for feedback after a final-round rejection and the recruiter said I was 'very close' but did not give much detail beyond that. I am trying to figure out whether that actually means I should make small improvements, or whether it is just a polite way to close the process.
Mayank G.CoachTreat 'very close' as encouraging but incomplete feedback. It does not tell you which specific behavior kept you from the offer.
I got rejected after interviews and the recruiter said the main feedback was around communication. She did not go into much detail beyond saying I needed to be clearer and more concise. I am trying to figure out what that usually means in practice. Is it more about rambling, weak synthesis, unclear structure, or something else?
Mayank G.CoachThat kind of feedback usually means the interviewer found your thinking harder to follow than it needed to be. The root cause can vary, but common patterns are long answers that never land cleanly, structures that are not signposted, weak synthesis, or analysis that is technically fine but poorly communicated.

I got rejected after interviews and the feedback was basically 'good candidate, but needed more structure and confidence.' That feels too broad to act on. How would you turn vague feedback like that into an actual prep plan?
Mayank G.CoachTranslate broad feedback into observable behaviors. 'More structure' could mean weak issue trees, jumping into calculations, unclear transitions, or a recommendation that did not synthesize the case. 'Confidence' could mean voice, pace, hesitation, or simply not committing to an answer.
If you get rejected after an MBB interview, is it worth asking the recruiter or interviewer for feedback? I do not want to sound pushy, but it feels wasteful to walk away without knowing what actually went wrong.
Mayank G.CoachYes, it is reasonable to ask once, politely and without challenging the decision. Some offices give useful feedback, some give only a high-level answer, and some cannot provide anything.
Got rejected after BCG interviews and the feedback was basically "good overall, but we needed to see more consistency in problem solving and communication." like... What does that even mean lol. Recruiter was nice but wouldn't give specific examples. I honestly don't know if my casing was the issue, fit, communication, or all of it. Anyone gotten feedback like this before? How do you actually…
Mayank G.CoachThis type of feedback is frustrating, but it is fairly common. Firms often give feedback at the competency level rather than walking you through every mistake from the interview.
