Search across courses, lessons, cases, drills, coaches and more.
Ask anything about cases, applications and recruiting. Members and coaches answer.
I have a professional designation that is relevant to my current career, and I am debating whether to put the letters directly after my name at the top of the resume. Does that help in consulting recruiting, or is it cleaner to list the qualification somewhere else?
Mayank G.CoachYou can list the designation, but you do not need to make it the centerpiece of the resume. In most cases, a credentials or education section is enough.
CFA, CPA, ACA, engineering licenses, etc. How much do professional qualifications actually matter when applying to MBB? I see candidates collect credentials and cannot tell if recruiters care much.
Mayank G.CoachProfessional qualifications can strengthen a profile when they reinforce relevant expertise or achievement, but they are usually secondary to demonstrated impact and leadership.
If you are a CPA coming from audit/accounting, does the designation itself help with MBB screening? Or is the real value just the work experience and client exposure that came with earning it?
Mayank G.CoachThe CPA is a credible professional signal, but MBB will still evaluate the substance of your experience rather than awarding points for the letters alone.
I am working toward the CFA and considering consulting. Does the designation actually help for MBB recruiting, or is it mostly irrelevant unless you are targeting financial-services work?
Mayank G.CoachThe CFA can signal quantitative ability and finance knowledge, but it is not a substitute for the broader profile MBB evaluates.