Search across courses, lessons, cases, drills, coaches and more.
Ask anything about cases, applications and recruiting. Members and coaches answer.
I joined Keep in Touch through one country, but I may relocate before I apply full-time. Is the program connected to McKinsey globally, or would I need to restart the relationship with recruiting in the new office?
Mayank G.CoachDo not assume it automatically transfers across offices or countries.
I received McKinsey Keep in Touch and I am not sure whether it is something candidates normally mention publicly. It is encouraging, but it is not an offer or an internship. Would putting it on LinkedIn or my resume look strange?
Mayank G.CoachI would not treat Keep in Touch like a job, award, or formal credential on your resume. Its main value is the relationship and future recruiting opportunity, not the label itself.
I was invited to McKinsey Keep in Touch after not moving forward and I cannot tell how much to read into it. Is KIT actually selective, or is it something most rejected candidates get? I am happy to stay connected either way, but I do not want to mistake a generic program for some hidden fast track.
Mayank G.CoachDo not assume every rejected candidate receives the same follow-up. Keep in Touch can be selective, but the selection logic is not public enough to turn the invitation into a precise ranking of your candidacy.
For people who were put into McKinsey Keep in Touch, did it ever turn into a real interview later? I am trying to understand whether this is something worth paying attention to or just a nice rejection softener.
Mayank G.CoachIt can lead to future recruiting opportunities, but there is no automatic conversion from Keep in Touch to interview.
I keep seeing people mention McKinsey Keep in Touch after an application or interview, but I do not understand what it actually means. Is it for candidates they liked but could not hire, or is it basically a marketing list? If you are invited, should you treat it as a meaningful recruiting signal?
Mayank G.CoachKeep in Touch is generally a way for McKinsey to maintain a relationship with candidates they may want to engage again in the future. The precise reason someone is invited can vary.
I got invited to McKinsey's Keep in Touch program after recruiting and I am not sure what I am supposed to do with it. Is there anything proactive I should be doing, or do you just wait for McKinsey to contact you again?
Mayank G.CoachTreat Keep in Touch as a positive relationship signal, but not as an offer or guaranteed interview.