Search across courses, lessons, cases, drills, coaches and more.
Ask anything about cases, applications and recruiting. Members and coaches answer.
I actually read a lot, but writing just 'reading' on the interests line feels bland. I do not want to invent some impressive hobby I do not have. Is it better to keep a generic real interest or leave it off?
Mayank G.CoachKeep the real interest, but make it more specific.
I have an interest that is pretty unusual and usually gets people asking questions, but my resume is already tight on space. I would have to shorten one work bullet to keep an interests line. Is the personality value actually worth giving up space for experience?
Mayank G.CoachKeep the hobby only if you can preserve the strongest evidence of your experience. Interests can make you more memorable, but they should not displace an important achievement.
I have one line left on my resume and I am debating whether to use it for interests. Do consulting recruiters actually care about hobbies, or is that space better used for another bullet about work or leadership?
Mayank G.CoachAn interests line can be useful when the rest of the resume already proves your qualifications. It gives the reader something human and sometimes creates an easy conversation point in interviews.
How much weight do McKinsey, BCG, or Bain put on hobbies and interests? I have solid academics and work experience, but my extracurriculars are pretty normal and I do not have some unusual national-level sport or crazy side project.
Mayank G.CoachHobbies are rarely a major screening factor by themselves. Their value is mostly additive: they can make you more memorable, show commitment outside work, or create a natural point of connection with an interviewer.