Terms & Conditions
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Alberta, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial or federal courts in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. AGE. The site is intended only for users aged 18 or older. Individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using the site, and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, non-commercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks, logos, copyright content and patents are owned or licenced by Company or its licensors or its affiliates or its employees or its owners and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY(IP) LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. If a sample site was created for you, then you would have received a password that works specifically with your email. Do not share the password and email. Do not circulate content. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership, patent ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third-party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third-party rights rests solely with you.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please contact us if you wish to make a claim of infringement and place a take-down request under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
11. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
14. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code or Content used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
16. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © Industri Basix Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. No part of our Content shall be copied or used in any way or form at any time.
17. PATENT. All or some Contents of Site or Services are protected under a Patent or multiple Patents. No part of our Content shall be copied or used in any way or form at any time. If you are unsure whether any part of the Content is covered under a Patent, then the burden of checking that with a right representative of the Company rests solely with you. As a user, you agree to use Content for your personal educational purposes only. You agree that this content and knowledge shall not be distributed by you in any way or form. You agree that you shall not use this content and knowledge to teach or impart knowledge to other person(s), organizations, entities and so on. You agree that you shall not use this content and knowlege to start any entity, a for-profit or non-profit or any way shape or form, and/or use this content and knowledge to provide paid or unpaid consultations, advise or any service or product. You agree that you will gain written approval from the Company and agree upon patent royalty terms, if the Company chooses to partner with you. Our Company takes patent infringement seriously and will take all necessary legal action to protect our intellectual property rights. By accessing and using our content through any means, including, products or services, our site, our social media channels, you agree not to engage in any activity that may infringe upon our Licensed Patent(s).
19. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
20. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall:
(a) Clearly publish on the Homepage the fact that an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss and contact information so you may discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us, reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the website. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward-looking.
21. NON-COMPETE. By using and/or viewing the Internet site located at www.casebasix.com (the “Site” or “Service”) or any services and/or samples, content that is paid and/or unpaid, provided in connection with the Site, you and/or the institution and/or the department you represent, including but not limited to, a university, college, educational institution, corporation, non-profit, government organization, and so on, agree to not compete directly and/or indirectly by creating similar or same content at any time by you or anyone in the organization.
22. COLLABORATION, DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSIONS. By using and/or viewing the Internet site located at www.casebasix.com (the “Site” or “Service”) or any services and/or samples, content that is paid and/or unpaid, provided in connection with the Site, you and/or the institution and/or the department you represent, including but not limited to, a university, college, educational institution, corporation, non-profit, government organization, and so on, agree to not compete directly and/or indirectly by creating similar or same content at any time by you or anyone in the organization. If you collaborate, engage in development discussions at any phase, meet or discuss in any format, any ideas related to building, developing, providing a product or service with us, then you or your institution accept and are bound by our Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure Agreement and our Non-Compete Terms & Conditions.