Search across courses, lessons, cases, drills, coaches and more.
I received a verbal consulting offer and the recruiter said the written offer will follow. I still have interviews scheduled elsewhere. Is it safer to keep those interviews until I receive the written terms, or is the verbal offer enough to start cancelling?
I have a generalist offer, but the office works across several industries and I care a lot about the type of work I will get. Is it reasonable to ask what practice or project mix I am likely to see before I accept?
Mayank G.CoachYes, it is reasonable to ask about likely project and practice exposure before accepting, especially when that factor matters to your decision.
I received an offer and the recruiter asked when I expect to decide. I want a few days to talk it through with my family before committing. Is that a normal reason to ask for time?
Mayank G.CoachYes, taking a reasonable amount of time to review a major career decision is normal.
I have two consulting offers and one package is materially higher. I prefer the lower-paying firm for the work and people. Is it reasonable to ask whether they can match part of the difference, and how should I frame the conversation?
Mayank G.CoachIt is reasonable to ask, especially when you genuinely prefer the lower-paying firm and the compensation difference is meaningful. The request should be framed as a discussion, not an ultimatum.